Dependable history of establishing brands, conceptualizing ideas, and supporting mission and vision of those I represent; together building a foundation of satisfied clients. Promote key management principles by way of merit and responsiveness and demonstrate the tried and true business model of hands-on service with exceptional follow-through. 20 years of excellence in media, education, development and ecommerce.
STRIDE LEARNING (formerly K12 Inc.)
SR. CREATIVE MEDIA EDITOR, RIGHTS & PERMISSIONS | NEWNAN, GA | 2006-2017 Full-time | 2018-Current on Contract
● Association of Educational Publishers acclaimed researcher and innovation award-winner for this leading educational curriculum company.
● Procurement of photographs, audio, and video; all grades, all subjects, cross curriculum, cross platform. Adhere to fluctuating resources and propose cost-effective visual solutions to project management. Panelist for media industry events and sponsored symposiums.
● Secure copyright, credits, rights, and clearances with hundreds of international media agencies, including newspapers and estates. Possessing a sharp, third-party contract negotiation skill-set, saving thousands annually on licensing fees.
● Collaborate with UX designers and content developers to construct an ideal, instructional template for blended learning that aligns with state standards and engages the student through media storytelling to include eBooks, interactive games, and mobile apps.
● Gather suitable metadata for digital asset and records retrieval. Expense reporting and budgetary tracking with administrative proficiency.
● Company trainer on WCAG 2.0 web accessibility guidelines for alt text and audio description for the blind. Photo shoot coordinator.
LEEHORTON.COM (formerly LeesLightbox)
AUDIO DESCRIPTION WRITER & PHOTO RESEARCH CONSULTANT
● Audio description consultant providing AD writing and AD vocal narration for those who are blind or have low vision. Adherent to WCAG 2.0 web accessibility guidelines for this assistive technology and ADA regulatory compliance for interpretive media. SAM Federal Govt Registrant: DUNS# 081318676. For more information and to view samples please visit www.leehorton.com.
● Visual creative providing photo and video research and acquisition, rights, licensing, and multimedia consultation. For more information please visit www.leehorton.com.
WEB CONTENT COPYWRITER, eCOMMERCE MARKETING | HARTFORD, CT | 2006
● Web content writer and editor for this prominent healthcare insurance provider as they successfully reformulated their brand and launched the new and highly anticipated Cigna corporate website.
● Enhanced navigation by writing within wire-frames to improve user-interface.
● Helped elevate a stale internet presence into a dynamic, user-centered website by writing customer-focused, navigation-friendly content for a brand-new unveiling of a company with over 200 years of excellence.
MARKETSMART INTERACTIVE (formerly Websourced)
SEM KEYWORD SPECIALIST & SEO COPYWRITER | RALEIGH, NC | 2005-2006
● PPC search engine marketing keyword analyst for corporate, non-profit, and small business accounts including Lowes, Art.com.
● Digital content copywriter for B2B and B2C businesses including Acura, Heritage Home School, Check Gateway, Rosenberry Rooms.
BELLSOUTH INTELLIGENT MEDIA VENTURES
LEAD PAID SEARCH, SEO & CAPTION COPYWRITER | ATLANTA, GA | 2004-2005
● Search team advisor for book-to-web transition of business products and helped thousands of Yellow Pages customers successfully reposition through paid internet advertising and organic search engine optimization.
● Managed B2B and B2C clients and presented business owners with new and unique ideas to establish or reinforce their brand.
● Created headlines, keywords, and results-driven captions across multiple search engines for SEO and PPC accounts.
● Proofed site designs and performed usability testing for businesses converting to Realpages.com.
SR. PHOTO RESEARCHER | ATLANTA, CHICAGO, NEW YORK | 1999-2002
● Principal editorial and marketing researcher with insightful knowledge of industry trends for North American sales fulfillment. Awarded for continually exceeding deadline-driven target goals while providing premium customer service.
● Worked closely with prominent agencies and buyers, intently listening to their needs, while carefully moving clients away from slide show projectors into the age of the digital lightbox.
● Developed corporate training sessions on effective search practices and educated teams on new software applications during Getty sales office integrations as several locations closed and agencies merged to form one global brand.
ANDERSEN CONSULTING, LLP
MANAGER OF CONFERENCE SERVICES | ATLANTA, GA | 1997-1999
● Leader in execution of a reservation-based, hot-spot hoteling workspace, promoting an enhanced, virtual, corporate hospitality modality, within a consultancy workplace of 2000 people.
● Space economization and kiosk check-in implemented for all traveling consultants ranging from analyst to partner.
● Harnessing waste to improve mobility, along with proper allocation of floor space, significantly reduced real estate leasing costs in downtown Atlanta's Equitable Building.
● Supervised, trained, and assigned tasks to an operations department of 18 in Reception and Facilities.
EDUCATION | LICENSURE | CERTIFICATION
University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
Bachelor or Arts (BA), Communications
Audio Description Institute and the American Council of the Blind, Columbus, OH
Accredited Training and Completion Program
Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC)
Real Estate Salesperson License, #401908, Current to 2024